Not necessarily fair, but very funny… and sometimes trying to work with new web apps on internal system set-ups designed to be suspicious can lead to exasperations.
This week a colleague spent a frustratingly long amount of time trying to upload a video interview done of a Flip by a reporter, only to find out…
a) the software wasn’t loaded on her machine
b) she couldn’t load it because of various IT lockdowns…
So, knowing I’d somehow managed to load the Flip software, she asked me to give it a try.
I managed to upload it, send it to my Youtube channel where it was converted to the necessary FLV file, and she was then able to put it on our website.
Convoluted and time-consuming but it worked… and it meant I also had a spare news video on my YouTube channel to play around. So I thought I’d have a go with a site I’ve been eyeing for a while without having time to do anything with it- BubblePly.
BublePLY has recently been tweaked to allow live links, full control over fonts and more use of images, and you can use your own, or just put a video url in the search facility and layer the data on top of it. The original doesn’t change but you can embed the new version, or link to it, as you want.
Having (very quickly) tried it out I found it pretty straightforward to use:
Then I tried it on a Qik film I’d live-streamed earlier this year and copied to YouTube, and while the film quality isn’t a patch on the Flip video, I prefer it:
This is probably one of the most user-friendly tools I’ve come across, and it’s very effective. It was simply a case of copying a link, adding some texts and links, and then copying the code to embed. I like this – it’s an effective, fast and easy way of telling a story, and sharing it quickly.
There’s only one downside – BubblePLY doesn’t work on my office computer!